2016 Sustainable Versatility Design Competition:: [re]imagine
A no fee competition designed for the next generation of Architects. This competition is open to students currently enrolled at accredited universities in North America and to Interns at architecture and design firms.
2016 Design Challenge:
Chose an iconic building in your community and re-imagine how that structure would showcase Eastern White Pine. A museum? A dining hall? A federal building? A football stadium? Get creative and show us how Eastern White Pine could be used to make your great space even greater (and greener).
- First Place: $1,000, write-up in the White Pine Architectural Monographs, and mention in press release
- Second Place: $500 and mention in press release
- Before images of the iconic building.
- After renderings of your iconic building featuring Eastern White Pine
- Your design must use and identify appropriately at least 3 different grades of Eastern White Pine.
- You must estimate the total cost of purchasing the required Eastern White Pine broken down by linear feet required and grade.
- Entrants should also provide a 500-word (max) narrative addressing the following:
- Why did you select this building.
- Describe the use of Eastern White Pine and other sustainability features.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the Eastern White Pine grades, patterns, finishes or treatments you chose for your project
10% – Build-ability
10% – Integration of other sustainability features in project (10%
20% – Imaginative and creative design
30% – Demonstrated knowledge of Eastern White Pine
30% – % of building featuring Eastern White Pine (<20% = 10 points, 20% – 50% = 20 points, >50% = 30%)
- Registration Opens: October 30, 2015
- Registration Deadline: February 15, 2016
- Submissions: March 1, 2016
- Award Notification: March 30, 2016
- Award Ceremony in Boston, MA: April, 2016