2015 Sustainable Versatility Design Award
Students enrolled in architecture programs are encourage to submit original architectural designs (or work developed as part of their educational curriculum) for the 2015 Sustainable Versatility Design Awards.
2015 Design Challenge:
Design a contemporary, single-family home that significantly features Eastern White Pine. Must incorporate at least 3 different Eastern White Pine grades. Learn more about the grades and their application here: http://sustainableversatility.org/inspiration/
First Place: $1,000, write-up in the White Pine Architectural Monographs, and mention in press release
Second Place: $500 and mention in press release
- A ground floor and/or site plan showing the relationship of the building to the surrounding landscaping, adjacent buildings, etc.
- Elevations and/or sections sufficient to show the building’s relationship to the site and the integration of building systems and exterior facade.
- Entrants should also provide a 500-word (max) narrative describing the project, the use of Eastern White Pine and other sustainability features. This narrative should demonstrate your knowledge of the Eastern White Pine grades, patterns, finishes or treatments you chose for your project
- 10% – Build-ability
- 10% – Integration of other sustainability features in project (10%
- 20% – Imaginative and creative design
- 30% – Demonstrated knowledge of Eastern White Pine (Must include a cost estimate for all Eastern White Pine)
- 30% – % of building featuring Eastern White Pine (<20% = 10 points, 20% – 50% = 20 points, >50% = 30%)
- Registration: February 1 , 2014
- Submissions: March 1, 2015
- Award Notification: March 30, 2015
- Award Ceremony in Boston, MA: April, 2015